How do TCC students, faculty, and staff access VBPL resources?
Current TCC students, staff, and faculty have a patron account with the Virginia Beach Public Library. Your TCC ID card is your library card. Use it to check out VBPL materials. For other services, you will also need your VBPL PIN.
Create a VBPL PIN:
- Go to the VBPL home page at www.vbgov.com/libraries.
- Click on Library Accounts under the announcements.
- At the Library Account page, click on My Account.
- At the login page, click on Forgot my PIN.
- Check your TCC email for instructions on resetting the PIN.
- Reset your PIN to something you will remember!
With your TCC ID you can:
- Check out materials at any VBPL branch with staff assistance.
- Use self-check with your ID card at the JUL.
Return VBPL materials to any TCC or VBPL Library!
With your TCCID and VBPL PIN you can:
Place a hold on a VBPL item Search the VBPL catalog either from the VBPL website or from the TCC library website under the Joint-Use Catalog page of the Virginia Beach page under Campus Libraries page, https://libguides.tcc.edu/JUL/catalog.
When you find the item in the VBPL catalog, click on Place Hold, then login with your TCC ID and the PIN you created.
Choose the Pickup Library and click Place Hold. VBPL will email you when the item is available for pick-up. Note: The Joint Use Library is the only TCC library where you can pick-up VBPL materials.
Access the VBPL Overdrive and Hoopla Collections
Access these collections directly from the VBPL Digital Library page for the type of material, https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/libraries/digital/Pages/default.aspx, from their apps on your mobile device, or from within the library catalog.
More information about the apps: https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/libraries/Using-the-Library/availabletechnology/Pages/Tools-mobile-apps.aspx
Overdrive's Libby app: https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby
You must create a separate Hoopla account at https://www.hoopladigital.com/